View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
I have been asking for a new stadium builder feature for years but no one ever seems to get behind it and Markus has never been interested.
This is one of the (very) few areas where Baseball Mogul is superior. BM allows you to build a new stadium, simulates the finances of doing so and allows you so input into the new stadium you are building.
To be such a advanced game OOTP is still very primitive when it comes to stadiums. It simulates the park effects and capacities but that is about it.

I used to run an Excel spreadsheet I made that was a pretty basic stadium creator.
You would input a stadium capacity, whether the stadium was open air, roofed or retractable and the overall niceness of the stadium (basic, below average, average, very good and excellent)
You would then run the spreadsheet and it would give you a stadium cost. It would give a certain random % of it as what the city would raise and then the rest would be financed through a loan between 20-40 years and it would give you an interest rate.
I always too took some of the teams in game cash and used it to lessen the need for a loan.
Then after each season in game I would take some of the teams money to use as a loan payment and run the interest myself.

Also years ago a moder posted an Excel spreadsheet where you could input altitude and fence distances and it would give you park factors. I combine the two when I want to do a new stadium but I gave up doing it several version ago.

It is complicated and a lot of work and really by version 13 the game should do it for you.
But hey, the game has 5 skins!!!!1111
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote