View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 06:31 PM   #27
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i'll just point out that if the stuff they did under the hood is the bulk of the changes, it may take some time to recognize those changes, and in some cases not recognizing them may be the very fix we all wanted.

this is just playing devil's advocate. the things i've always wanted overhauled are things you can't see. it's very difficult to assess that with only limited playing time.

so, i'd look at their new features and really delve into them before saying it's not much different that the year before.

in reality, you can say that nearly every year. the gui changing is irrelvant to real changes. that's just a facade that can be changed with very minimal work invovled.

i barely played 19. i'm going to start skipping a year or 2, becuase yearly changes are incrementally small. always have been. i'll start that next year, lol... it's been a year already, sort of for me.

heh, maybe i'll get to 250-300years by march 2020 on my ootp18 league. but, i can tell i am nearing the end of my playing cycle with this game. not because of anything ootp did or because of anything negative related to the baseball game in general. i've played it longer than most. it's one of the last few computer games i'll ever play, period.

don't think you are getting rid of me, yet. could be tomorrow, could be ~5 years, but it's on the downward trend, now.

with new laws in my state, i'm doing a little gardening, now. that is a surprising amount of work for ~8 plants. "tomatoes" of course... get your mind out of the gutter. it's perfectly normal to grow "tomatoes" in a tent inside your home. this is eating into my gaming entertainment time and other minor leisure type stuff. only so many hours in a day.

for the record, garden enthusiasts are clearly masochistic in nature. it's not fun, and it genuinely hurts... all over. the setup was a ton of work.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-22-2019 at 06:34 PM.