View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 11:51 PM   #41
Clemente21PIT
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Ok, no problem, I'll figure something out...hoping one of these days Markuswill integrate some of these great utilities into the main framework of OOTP.
I'm not the best with computers, so just know I may be wrong. I use an older model Mac desktop with Mac OSX 10.6.something (I'm answering from my phone right now so I can't check exactly what model right now). Anyways, I use Google Chrome anonymously and typically only have that application open while working because the computer freaks out if too much is going on at once. I've fine tuned a system where I make any edits to logos on Pixlr Editor (free web version) and then I size them to what I will need and make sure the background is transparent. Why do I size things on Pixlr and not in the jersey creator or cap maker? Because I've found that enlarging or shrinking added images makes the images blurry and oftentimes breaks them up weirdly. I don't know why or how, it just does. I also don't really mess with arcing or wordmark direction too much because I'm not a big fan of that in my jerseys. Those can sometimes mess up my text on the jersey. Oftentimes I just create word marks in Pixlr, save them as images, and then add them to the jersey creator. That way I have a larger variety of fonts and options (I'm not saying that you shouldn't use the built in fonts and options, because those are great and I use them as well). Anyways, enough of my ramblings. A lot of my understanding of the jersey maker and cap maker has been through experimenting with them. I'm one of the few that's gotten the Chrome/Mac combo to work for these sites, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing that others aren't. I hope my suggestions/tips may help and let me know if you need any more attempts at helping from me.
Clemente21PIT is offline   Reply With Quote