View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

After my success in Endor City winning 4 championships in 6 seasons I have very high expectations for the 2012 Willowbrook Warriors. After the 2011 season ended I got together with owner William Malone and told him I could get the best CF in the game along with 3 of his best friends. Kevie Oko CF, Julio Granger SP, Don Mater SP & Ray Sharke Jr. C all played for Trout 2004-2008. Trout is in the state of Willowbrook. The state of Willowbrook, whose capital is Villa Park, has the largest population of Atlantisians outside of Atlantis. Atlantis, ya know the under water city, is on Endor. More on Atlantis in 2014. Kevie Oko is a 30 yr old CF 8 time all star, 5 GG. .317 lifetime hitter, 176 HR. He is the offensive player we will build this team around for the next 3 seasons. Julio Granger is a 6 time all star and has won a POTY award. 135-72 2.47 1840 K. Among the best LHP in the game. I signed each of these players to a 3 year deal
After these 2 there is a steep drop in talent.
I had my worst season of my 9 year career in rock City last year. We have 3 rookie starters in the IF. 3B Fred Flintstone & 2B Barney Rubble from near by Bedrock. Dick Kronfield will take over at 1B when he comes off of the DL. For now I have my bother-in-law 1B Bruno Scott & veteran 2B Sherman Allen at 1B. Tank, as people call Sherm has an outside chance at making the HOF someday and will be given every opportunity to get enough stats to get in. He is also a great leader and hope to see him as a manager someday. He can no longer play 2B. He just doesn't have the range or arm anymore.
I signed FA SS Claudio Torres who I had drafted and played with when I was with Endor City. Ozzie Guillen my BC from 2003 recommended him when he went home to Valenzuela after the 2004 season. He played for Endor City for 7 seasons. Although he played in 142 games last season he only had 308 AB's. 327 AB's is his career high. I need 550 out of him this year and stellar defense. He is the only one of my IF who I trust to both hit and field, the rest can do one or the other but not both. Kronfield I am undecided on for now.
To go along with Oko in CF I have myself back in RF after playing 3 seasons in LF while playing for Rock City. I signed for Rock City CF Carlos Martinez to play LF for Willowbrook. He can play all 3 OF spots and will hit lead most of the time. I called my old buddy Jody Gerut and asked him to come out of retirement and play OF for me. His arm and range are not what they used to be but he will be an adequate backup corner OF for this year. I also have young LF Gilberto Castro who I drafted in the expansion draft. He should be able to take over LF in 2013. I have 2 super utility players that can play multiple positions. Todd Frazier who I had traded for along with SP Brad Stupec when I was with Rock City from the Cincinnati Reds. Frazier can play 1B,3B, LF some 2B and very little SS. I also have Clayton Murray who I drafted in the expansion draft. He can play 2B, 3B, SS, LF & CF. He will also learn to play RF. He is a light hitter but can play defense.
My backup Catcher is veteran Kenji Johjima. He has been a backup C for various teams since 2007.
As you can see from my lineup vs RHP below I am trying to get the speed guys to get on so Oko and myself can drive them in. Any offense I get from Flintstone & Rubble will be greatly appreciated. Sharke is a streaky offensive guy. He will hit for weeks and can be clutch, then he will shut down and not be heard from again for weeks. We play in The Odium, a band box of a stadium modeled after Griffith Stadium. Great for offense, not so good for pitchers.
For my starting staff, I have Granger a LHP, RHP Brad Stupec, a crafty RHP who did well for me in Rock City especially before i traded the FA to be away. Don Mater who can start or pitch in relief, I promised him $10,000 for 225 IP, I don't see why he wont get it. LHP Abscott Nunan who I got in the ED. he had a great ST and I like having 2 LHP in the rotation. My #5 who will get skipped at times is Sergeant Jim Hindrickson. He was part of the commando team along with George Lattman C of Endor City during the Battle of Endor. I need a #5, who can pitch in relief when he gets skipped, Jim is willing to do that. I signed him as a FA for 4 years.
My pen has potential which is a great way of saying my pen is going to blow a ton of games for me. LHP Limbo Rush is the only guy I trust and was my #1 pick the the ED. He played for me in Endor City. My CL is unproven at the ML level. i have one too many LHP so I am waiting to see who tanks. Many of these guys who drafted in the ED and are just roster fillers. Blakenship, Wheaton & Thornhill all have starter stuff but throw under 90 MPH and will give up some monster HR to opposing hitters. Villagrana has some good potential and was with Ford who was known to have a great bullpen. He will probably be a CL someday.

The Preseason prediction has me at 70 wins and that is my goal.
Theme song for 2012 - Gladiator Suite - Hans Zimmer
Gladiator Suite - Hans Zimmer - YouTube
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote