View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 12:50 PM   #25
Silent_Thunder
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
That would be the effect of no recalc plus the development engine wreaking havoc. As noted above, if you really can't stand this, don't play in Challenge Mode, and play with recalc (although I personally prefer recalc plus the player development engine - things are somewhat predictable, but can still get interesting). If you're OK with it, carry on in Challenge Mode.
I know some may call it heresey, but I find it fun. Usually players perform roughly to spec, give or take a bit, but sometimes players surprise you. A MLB star instead goes bust in his rookie year, sometimes a minor league guy you never heard of becomes a monster. I actually find it more realistic that way, the real stars of our world became that way from a combination of both natural talent, training, and sometimes just sheer happenstance. Change one little variable, and the whole house of cards can come tumbling down.

That said, wish the AI knew what to do with multi position players, Ruth tends to get stuck in pitching hell because the AI refuses to cross him over to outfield for instance.
Silent_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote