View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 09:04 AM   #38
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
I am not going to get in a back and forth, but just because the formula changes slightly does not mean the underlining reasoning, theory and calculations are not sound.
I never would suggest that. Let me illustrate it this way......A person designs a car. He puts the best of everything that he knows into it. He loves this car. It does everything that he wants it to do. That's WAR. I don't fault anyone for loving and preferring his "WAR" car. Can the designer of the car claim hs vehicle is the "ultimate in human transport"? Can buyers of his auto claim it? No, that is their opinion. That isn't a fact. That is their preference.

The science of car design changes. New gadgets are invented. New technology is created. Someone can find a way to make them fly. Someone else can find a way for it to go underwater. Someone can make it go faster. Someone else can make it more efficient. Someone may be able to put weapons on it. Whatever. The point is it can't be the "ultimate" because it will always change. It can always be better. Until the endpoint is reached, until all are agreed that there is no way it can be bettered, any claim that it is the standard is an overstatement.

WAR is not a fact. It is an opinion. A step forward. But the destination to "factdom" has not been reached.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is online now   Reply With Quote