View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 01:31 PM   #8
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Is there an actual fan base in the SEC that is likeable? I think Vandy is the only group that has never touched my nerve. They've been especially obnoxious trying to claim Bama lost to Clemson because they had to go thru the SEC gauntlet.

THEY LOST BY 4 TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!
Kentucky football fans, aka The Fellowship of the Miserable, aren't too bad but their basketball fans more than make up for it. Fans of the two Mississippi schools are tolerable although Ole Miss fans have a bit of an entitlement mentality from when they were good back in the 50's and 60's. Fans of conference newbie Missouri seem okay too but that could change if they ever get their basketball program going again. I remember an opposing hoops coach once said their fans were the nastiest in the country and none of them know who their mamas are. As for Vandy they don't have that many fans in football so that works in their favor but Memorial Gym has long been a feared destination for SEC basketball foes. After Rupp Arena, it's probably the toughest road trip in the conference. That tells me that there have to be plenty of obnoxious Vandy fans out there at least in hoops.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote