View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #23
psd
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Because, again, it is normal in sports. Normal does not keep it from being abusive. Hazing is normal in the military. Doesn't mean it isn't abusive. Bullying is normal in grade school. Doesn't mean it isn't abusive. Actors & actresses having to sleep w/movie execs to get work is normal. Doesn't keep it from being abusive.
Maybe at one time, but none of that is considered "normal" any longer. They are heinous acts. Hazing in the military now gets you a dishonorable discharge. Bullying is nowhere near tolerated to the level it was when I was in school. I know this because I was bullied mercilessly. From grade 6 until I quit the day I turned 16. Bullying now earns you a suspension or expulsion. While sleeping with execs WAS normal at one time, now it is sexual harassment and you will lose your job. You will NEVER convince me saying "you effen need me" is abuse. Didn't he then take 4 scrubs off the bench and scrimmage the rest of the team, and destroy them? Kind of proved he was right didn't he? Actually, not even "kind of". He did without a doubt prove he was right. And again, if his teammates thought they were being abused, they would have responded and not tolerated it.

And as I stated before, but you gnored like my last sentence above, trash talking occurs in EVERY practice and in EVERY game. Trash talking is normal. So using your logic, wouldn't that be "abusive"? Saying "you can't effen stop me" or similar, and then proving it basket after basket, is "abusive"? Give me a break.

Don Henley

Last edited by psd; 10-12-2018 at 03:39 PM.
psd is offline   Reply With Quote