View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #67
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
So AJ you just sim? I might try starting an RD in 1871 and simming to 2015 and see who does what. Figure i will leave use of relievers at low but use of closers at normal pre 1969.
At the moment I just sim. I came up with an idea to use the stats output, strategy settings and PCMs from one season (1984) across all seasons, so I started testing that. I just liked the look of the MLB stats for that year, as they seemed right in the middle for all of history. A .260/.323/.385/.708 across the league output seemed not too pitching heavy and not too hitting heavy, and that's what I wanted. It can carry me through the deadest of the deadball era, as well as the 1920's and 1930's when the league did something to the baseball to enhance offense, and the steroid era when "something else" was going on, and of course the many seasons in between.

Then, I wanted to see the HoF voting in action, so I had to play many seasons to get to a point where that starts up, and the best way to move quickly through a sim is not to take up a team, so I didn't. That doesn't mean I won't take up a team in the future, it's just that right now, I'm still figuring things out for how I want to set up my ultimate random debut league. I've also grown attached to these players, even though none of them are "on my team", but I have no doubt that when it's time to start over and create my ultimate RD league, I'll be ready to do it.

Still figuring things out though. I like the fact that I can have my own rules as I move through history (DH in one league, 162 game schedule, top 2 teams get to the playoffs in the old 8 teams per subleague setup), as well as have the stats fall somewhere in a range that I want to see them in, rather than having them bounce all over the place. It's kind of neat that Markus has given us all of these tools and options to really create the type of league we want, so I'm gonna take full advantage of it.

Last edited by actionjackson; 01-30-2016 at 02:11 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote