View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 03:50 PM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
I'm going to start a replay from 1871 using rosters and transaction as accurate as possible. The only issue I have is with the almanac not working. I will be resonsible for making trades but rookies will go to their team automatically. Expansion will be handled by the game and go according to history.
There is a lot of confusion with 19th century transaction dates. You can't just copy a transaction file off the net and expect it to work as good as the modern era. The game has trouble handling 19th century transactions. You dont have the luxury of an abundance of players so if a player is release or traded before a team has finished it's season your roster is screwed up. So I have made a simplified approach. A player will only appear on a team in which he played for that year.
All player/manager release will happen first on a sim date before free agent signings.
I have found a system that seems to work as I had no problem playing 1871-1872 but for the almanac.
I restarted and have concluded the 1871 regular season.
I will try to post some stats when I get home.
If your curious about any player or how I am doing something just let me know. You may have a better idea.
My goal is to show that a more 19th century simming can be improve and automated in the game.
I've never played pre 1900 - does the Almanac in game not function pre 1900?
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote