View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #62
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
This is pretty friggin awesome.

A few features I'd like to see implemented:

-The ability to break up fighters into groups so that you could simulate organizations. Would make things a little easier.
It's on the list! Well, maybe...

One thing I really, really want to implement in the near future is that local - region - larger region - world hierarchy I talked about in my "to do" post. Once I get that in the game, I then plan on having the world have several different larger regions (North America, Asia, etc.), which in turn each have several regions (the West, the Northeast, the South, Mexico), which in turn each have several local areas (New York, Philadelphia, Boston).

What you are asking for, I think, is a little different than that and I think that will probably be one of the last things I try to get into here. If by "organizations" you mean groups like the IBF, WBC, and WBO, eventually I want to create groups like that which have their own unique ranking of boxers based on their BRR and the group's relationship with that boxer, which will be influenced by agreeing/refusing to take a fight against a contender in their eyes, bribing them, and so on.

Quote:
-Perhaps a way to set all fighters to fight a certain group of fighters like the tomato cans or something. I had a game with 200 fighters and 120 wanted to fight that month; it was a bit annoying to have to set up 60 guys.
Once you get your first group of guys past the beginning stage you'll be able to use the TOMATO_CAN searchy thing in the match list. That'll pull up the worst 5 boxers who are willing to fight that month. As noted, it's also a good tool for beginning leagues because what it actually does is rank guys thusly:

1. The worst fighters in your uni who are Pre-Prime or better.
2. If you don't have 5 Pre-Prime fighters yet, the remainder of the slots will be filled by beginners in random order.

That means that if you don't have *any* Pre-Prime fighters, you can just choose TOMATO_CAN to pull up random opponents.

Quote:
-Allow for fight cards of different amounts of fights.
Right now the program will just set up 6-card fights in order until it has less than six boxers. And right now the cards just list guys in the order that they chose fights. Eventually I'm going to create a "purse" variable which I'll then use to sort the bouts and make it so that the top fights are at the top of each fight card.

Quote:
And of course it'd be awesome if we could save in the middle of setting up fight cards for the month.
Yeah, TBH that might be a little ways off, as currently the bouts themselves aren't part of the universe I've been saving (which is probably an encapsulation issue too but yeah...).

Quote:
That's all I got for now. Awesome mod man.
Thanks!
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote