View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 10:56 AM   #7
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

I'm hoping (desperately) that Tournaments will solve this problem.

Let's face it, for people not able to buy 25 100 players, PT is fun until you finally get to Perfect. At that point you are doomed to be second fiddle unless you can get lucky enough to pull the best cards from what you earn over time.

My Perfect teams are on automatic. I check in once a week to spend my achievement points in the hopes of pulling something better than what I already have - but that's basically a "last ditch" effort to improve.

That said, ""IF"" tournaments are structured (at least partially) so people can "join" Bronze, Silver, and Diamond Leagues... ""OR"" if some tournaments are structured based on active roster OVR totals, then I can imagine something closer to what us FTP players wish we had.

Just to be clear - I'm not criticizing OOTP for how PT is structured, but it IS designed to make money, and that leaves many of us with a game that is only interesting for a few months until you reach your limit(s).

It's actually a rendition of Peter's Principal; "[teams] in a hierarchy tend to rise to their "level of incompetence". And without a monetary supplement, tend to stay there.

Let's hope the Tournaments release will expand the current scenario where even F2P players can have fun all year long.

PS: One final thought... had the original plan to make PT cards available in the classic game worked - I honestly think people like me would have played PT for about 4 months and then turned back to the classic game using PT cards. I really wish that would have worked.

Last edited by HRBaker; 08-12-2019 at 10:59 AM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote