View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 09:46 PM   #1
Autumn
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quebec Nordiques Initial Draft Dynasty

Hey folks, I'm a big fan of the old Nordiques franchise and wanted to start a franchise here. The main goal of the franchise is to build a viable Flexible Triangle/Hound the Puck system. I decided, for the fun of it, to start with an initial draft. My approach in the draft was originally going to be favorite 80s players, then historical Nordiques only, but then I got interested in the nuts and bolts and decided to build the team up from the start.

First, the draft. Coming into a new franchise you haven't scouted anyone so I had to figure out some way of determining who would work without having access to ratings. The triangle formation stresses offensive reads and quickness, and from this I deduced that the player role most likely to fulfill that would be Offensive Forward, and so my early picks all had that role. My strategy beyond that was to pick a centre (who should be a playmaker) first, then the wingers, then a goalie, then two defencemen. I then would start the cycle over. The starting lineup for the first season is this:

Last edited by Autumn; 05-29-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote