View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 12:27 AM   #31
Markmeister
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Well, this is weird.

I went into the .xml file using Notepad to add another ethnicity to Algeria. I then started a new game and, in the nation editor, the change showed up!

I quit OOTP and opened up the .xml file again, but this time in WordPad (which is what I have been using) rather than Notepad. Then I added another ethnicity to Angola and started a new game. This time I got an "XML parsing error" message.

The problem, then, may be that the .xml file doesn't like WordPad. This bears closer scrutiny.
It sounds like using Wordpad to edit the xml may be the issue. I have been just using Notepad and Notepad++. I haven't had any parsing errors yet.

p.s. Notepad++ makes it easier to edit, but the find function is very slow on my computer. If I am making a quick change, Notepad can find the nation, state, city I am looking for much quicker.

Jersey style logos
Vintage letter logos
Vintage uniforms
Markmeister is offline   Reply With Quote