View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 12:16 AM   #79
M's rule
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsnadb
More crazy fielding stuff...

[246-12292] waiting for it is Hansen (1b)...
Herrera (LF) is going for it as well...
but he's waived off by Hansen...

The line before was "on the infield, right side..." Herrera had no business calling for that one, since he was about 200 ft. away.
246 should be 241.

The second and third lines are not part of object 12292, and they do not appear in the XML file.

All the messages in category 241 (flyball charge easy) seem to be phrased as though they apply to an outfielder, but they use [%game fielder] to display the name rather than [%game fielder of]. I've already asked, here and in TT, if [%game fielder] can hold the name of either an infielder or an outfielder. If the answer is no, and if this category is called only when a ball is hit to the outfield, then all the tokens need changing.

Categories 239 (flyball charge) and 243 (flyball charge hard) are set up the same way, and would need the same change if only outfielders are supposed to charge after balls.

(I have a hunch the tokens are wrong. )

Um, edit: I just noticed your mention of the line that preceded 12292. So it was a ball meant to be handled by an infielder. Maybe in this case, the "charge" categories shouldn't be called to begin with. But since that line is hard-coded and not in the database, I can't tell why it's there. Doesn't make the other issue go away, but it does introduce another problem.

Last edited by M's rule; 06-25-2006 at 12:23 AM.
M's rule is offline   Reply With Quote