View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 11:03 PM   #59
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Topeka Defenders: After a relatively slow start to the season (54-44) pre-ASG, they've picked it up in the second half. Currently sitting at 27-5 post-ASG, and just lost a 16 game win streak. Newcomer SE George Sisler is anchoring the offense. Pitching wise, 96 Saberhagen is not doing well after his phenomenal season last year (2.4 ERA last year), but his teammates are picking him up. Starters 2, 3 and 4, 96 Clemens, 94 Reuschel and SE Eddie Plank are all sub 2.8 ERA this year. The team is starting to click right now so we will see it how it goes into the next month and into the post season. Let's hope it's not an early post-season exit like it has been recently.

Missouri Legends: They somehow ended up getting promoted last season coming in third in the division and getting through the wild card. Unfortunately, that's hurting them this year as they weren't ready for the Gold Level yet. It also doesn't help I tried out a few new players I had picked up and who were significantly under-performing. I tried the SE Amos Otis over the 91 Otis and he just wasn't as good. His eye is better but nowhere near as good on defense, nor is he as good with the bat. In addition, a down year from 89 George Brett isn't helping. Think next season some park factor adjustments are going to be evaluated. We only have 1 guy with double digit HRs but we're giving up our fair share so I think I'll just reduce the factors to 0.9 for HRs. Not like it'll make a difference for my offense!

Kansas Rangers: Rangers are adjusting to life in Bronze. Currently at 65-64, with a +2 run difference. They're not doing much of anything right now. The only shining light is the Peak Duke Snider (99) is absolutely crushing it. 4.3 WAR with a 1.028 OPS through 99 games. My 96 Mark Prior is anchoring the rotation but really, all 5 starters are doing quite well with 4 of 5 having sub 4 ERAs, and the 5th just sitting barely above a 4. They're 1.5 games back of the wild card so there is still a shot at the playoffs but I wouldn't hold my breath.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote