View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 04:02 AM   #23
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
@sabres

sure.

in fact, i'd strongly suggest paying more attention to the individual ratings that make up the player (contact, control etc all of them, some more important than others, of course). whether you use traditional stats or some newer ones, you should come the the same conclusions, most of the time.

------ worth a look, just in case...

whip is a simple one, though... and the simple ones are the best! bb/9 k/9 etc.. anythign that gives a rate... you can compare rates easily.

the complicated ones are not very useful during a season... like ops+... bryce harper has an off year you cannot predict that... even though he's hypothetically 'off', you still have to roll him out there "3-4" in the lineup etc every day because he's a monster and it's playing the odds (law of independent results).

if stats only, or an inkling to try it, learn the best stats that represent the player ratings closely. even play with ratings on while you do this... can easily verify with a good scout and budget with normal inaccuracy... and 100% accuracy that much easier, too. a players k/ab can tell you alot about their Avoid K's rating, even if unseen.

in fact if new, i'd play this game with 100% accuracy to learn it without guessing what is inaccuracy and what is aging, Talant change randomness (TCR) or anythign else that clouds what the ratings are. learn them as a baseline (will mean different things in different leagues -- e.g. more league power vs less league power is a big deal to what a batter's ratings mean even equal in values).

when you have a track record, you can basically map that guys ratings very accurately. once you know they are good, it's all about guessing TCR and aging after that.... any prolonged change to those related stats in a suitable sample size of data for the respective stats in focus.
Thanks NoOne.. when it comes to games like this fm fhm or ehm I'm a ratings type person but havnt really got the not ootp as I just got 17 right now gonna get a deep dynasty going just some ppl go deep into stats when they trade and draft and such I'm more of a ratings person..
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote