View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #101
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

100th Post Chart Post

There has been a lot of high scoring entrants, and a couple floor breakers since the last chart was posted, so I figured the 100th post in the thread was a good time for another.

The mean GC is currently 3.8.

The Ink means are at 0.8 and the HOFm/s means are at 1.1. This shows how much harder it has been to get Ink points as a HOFer as compared to RL. The HOFm/s numbers make sense because there are more players active, on the average, for this league than in RL and, therefore, more chances for players to put together HOF career numbers even though they are not picking up leader board points in each season as often as in RL.

The median GC score of the Hall is currently 3.4. Boog Powell (plot 121) and Don Sutton (plot 159) represent the the median entrants.

The plots of Monte McFarland and Deke White are the low points at the bottom right portion of the chart. Relief pitchers get bonuses added to their scores to enter, but the bonus is removed once they are inducted in order to maintain congruency with the RL numbers.

The current standard deviation for the entrants is 1.7.

We see the majority of entrants clustered in the low 2s to about the 5 line. We see a separation of entrants around the 6 line.

I think the CG may tick up to 3.9 before this universe is finished. I don't think it will reach 4.0. It will tick up because there are a good number of hitters with GCs over 3.8 that have yet to get in. Plus, any FBS entrants that come around will raise the GC, also.

The plot at 9.5 on the right hand portion of the chart is Shoeless Joe. I thought he would break a 10 and be a Once in a Generation player, but it didn't happen. Maybe I will change the designation to Once in a Lifetime for 10+ scores.

I smiled this morning when I saw 2000 views on the thread. I know that represents repeat customers, and it is nice to know that others find this experiment interesting. I appreciate the support you give by reading about this process. The version 14 version will be even better. I will go into more detail about how it will be better when this is completed and I start playing on v 14. I can't wait.

A note on the 2068 season: Charlie Hough was drafted by the Cubs. No HOF for him here. Wait till next year's universe....Scott Coolbaugh was also drafted this year. Funny thinking of the two of them as the same age.
Attached Images

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 04-15-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: StDev is 1.7
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote