View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 05:33 PM   #54
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
The NBA has to redo their award show. I am a hardcore NBA fan and even I don't care that it is tonight.

I mean I have bets I made make in September and October riding on some of the awards. But I can read the winners tomorrow.
Announcing the awards a week and a half after the Finals and days after the draft kills my interest.
While driving around this morning, two different sports-talk radio shows were saying essentially the same thing.

My suggestion would be to hold the show on one of the two off days between games 2 and 3 of the finals. That way, they can promote the hell out of it during both conference finals, and during the first two games of the finals. And by not doing it later in the finals (after, say, game three or four), you don't risk it being a distraction to an awesome 7-game series, nor do you risk promoting while people have already tuned out because the series is already 3-0... And if any winners end up being one a team participating in the finals, he can be honored prior to the start of game 3 (or game five, if that's a home game for him and the series is currently 1-1).

Either that, or have the awards show and draft on back-to-back nights, and cross-promote... Or combine 'em!!!

That all said, there's no timing solution nor amount of promotion that could get me to to watch it... (although I do somewhat pay attention to the draft...)

Last edited by thehef; 06-25-2019 at 08:21 PM. Reason: typo
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote