View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 02:02 PM   #72
Orion
Major Leagues

Angel Fire came into the playoffs on a red hot streak and proceeded to sweep the outmatched Baseball Kiitties. Pine Ridge is poised to upset Ann Arbor, leading 2 games to 1, so I might get lucky again with the matchup. The Craft Brewers have a good squad but it's simply a better matchup for me. We await the winner.

The wolves on the other hand, slumped badly in september, lost home field advantage, and were summarily swept. Flyers were also dispatched by the whale to close out the season. On the bright side, I finally ID'd a replacement for Ron Cey at 3b, a guy I loved in RL but he is trash in OOTP PL. I'm expecting the lineup to be very explosive moving forward. Although the Dodgers might have the best overall options of any single theme team (ESPECIALLY if you allow part-timers), I am allowing Negro Leaguers as an extra option which makes sense given the Jackie Robinson angle, and the cards are just plain fun. I may be tempted to roll another one in OOTP 21, just to prove you can win a title with a theme team. Dodgers can sport a starting rotation no other single squad theme team can match, and they have plenty of bats to pick from.

Last edited by Orion; 02-16-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote