View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #25
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Sure we listen to MiLB rating stuff. That's not done by PECOTA. we put tons of work into rating these guys though, so you'll want to be pretty convincing when arguing for a different rating, because it's likely we've already look at a given guy very, very closely.

That being said everyone sees things a bit differently and there are some guys I think are underrated but that the guy who does the top 100 prospects is good with. It is what it is really, in the end that's what the editor is for.

I don't know what more you want on Heaney though. His potentials are 135-142-135 stuff-move-control. He's pretty much a top 10 pitching prospect with those ratings. We could bump him up a little more imo, maybe his stuff up to 145 or so, but overall he's just about right.

As for compensation, that's not something we can set manually. The comp only gets attached once you play the game and start simming seasons. Maybe we can mention this to Markus and get him to add the ability for us to edit comp stuff in the future, but I wouldn't expect it to happen this year.
You're right about Heaney it was my mistake to jump on him before looking at his real ratings (like it says to in the first post haha).
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote