View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 06:17 AM   #5
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

It's very difficult to code those logics correct, it will take years to mature a game like this. Just look at Football Manager and how well they have done with contracts over the years.

So much relative and connected logic comes together while getting a contract done with a player. It's really nice and just like real life. Players have personalities, you have the, I only sign for the most money type of players but you also have the I would rather play for my hometown team and take a bit less money type of players. Beside that you have agents personalities, your GM creates himself a personality and system players my like or not. If some good player has a bad agent you end up paying this agent lots of money - sure thing when a lot of teams are after this guy and your team isn't the most populair team interested.

In the NHL it's almost the same, this year you only had a few goalies and defenders on the open market, that led to huge overpaying some guys because they could go everywhere..
On the flip side, look at Ward ( former Washington ) I couldn't believe this guy was taken so late on the open market this year. I think San Jose stole a great player there while everybody was sleeping. Wished Philly took him haha, but we already have Simmonds which is almost the same type of player, tough in the corners and around the net and not afraid of anyone. I love those type of players.

Also I would like to see, good and bad GM's by the CPU. Like kinda Paul Holmgren type of GM whom lock up Vinny and McDonald for long term bad contracts and you'll never get them out of your system anymore because even if you take some money back on every other roster there are youngsters who can do the same as above mentioned players for only 2M a year.

Overpaying should be part of the game, sure thing when there is lots of interests in X players and less market to deal with.

I'll understand it's difficult to code all those relative logics together and stuff like that but I think in the years to come those eye for details kinda features will really make a game or your game becomes very boring after 4 or 5 seasons and you'll start a fresh one.
I always had this with older FM games, I never could get past 5 or 6 years because it was so easy to 'legally cheat' around and find yourself a system so you could buy all premium youngsters for 800K and sell them one year later for 10+ million. You could do that a few times and you have budget enough to create a huge club.
That's not what it is like in real life.