View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 03:05 PM   #86
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Only moments ago, I had an exchange that reminded me of the need in my personal style of play: solo fictional. It may have no bearing or even a detriment to other styles of play, but I'm certain it would be optional.

Does anyone think the game should provide the opportunity for more interaction, both voluntary and compulsory- as goes responses -with the game, its personnel, maybe financial or scouting advisors, the scouts themselves? I'd be grateful for the addition of more elements that make the solo experience less solitary.

While the text engine would require massive contributions, one specific area I've been interested in is coach perspectives and input. A pitching coach's particular comment on any pitcher, or a hitting coach's 'scout' of a specific hitter, not just as an assessment of existing skills, but a projection regarding the player's role in the organization. For instance, "Gaden's contact has improved over the last few months, and I see that continuing. Let me keep him in AAA for a while longer." An option might follow to 'lock' the player, or you might subsequently shortlist, etc...

I don't mind at all if the game requires something of me.
I am confused why there is no documentation on the cagetories in enlish.xml for pbp, messages etc.
I don't understand why there are not customizable files we can all create and share.

The whole sharing of mods needs tender loving care.....we all put so much into this, yet trying to find something takes hours of frustration.
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote