View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 12:55 AM   #1
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Beta version of FG mod

So, I have piggybacked off a project that Jwisenberg started last year, and that is removing the need for all the annoying middle names and initials.
The BBRef minor league ID numbers provide a great unique identifier for all current players. So I started a saved game a few builds back to begin to make sure I'm not missing any FGs that can be helped. Obviously some players, mostly the DSL guys are hard to find pics of.

But this version has MLB through Hi-A
I hope to have Low-A added during the open Beta and possibly a few of the rookie leagues before the actual launch of OOTP20.

After that, I will be releasing a new updated folder every 2 weeks until all 60,000 + Facegens that I currently have are renamed whereever possible.

I will use as I said, minor league BBRef first, then move to historical Lahman for other players that don't have a BBRef. Draftees will obviously still be listed under their names since they won't have any of these identifiers. For the current time, coaches and managers will still use names as well. But, I have spoke to Andreas about this, and he will see about getting the historical Lahman IDs to work for coaches and managers in a future patch since that's the only identifier that shows up in their profiles.

Link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7kutsa...files.zip/file

Also, I would love any help I could possibly get with this project...

There is a need to rename many FGs still, plus a need to make FGs as well. I could also use someone on the administrative side of the project, as I have an excel sheet that has a list of every player in the database the OOTP guys make the rosters that ship with the game and at some point I need to begin going through it and deleting the players who have FGs already.

So, please if you have any desire to help this project to its completion faster than i can do it alone, PM me with whatever you'd like to work on and i'll get you up to speed with what I've got on my end.

Thanks and enjoy
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote