View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 05:35 PM   #20
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPBJT View Post
Yes, Changed names....assigned all teams human managers

Both cities and nicknames were changed. I have backups and quick starts to do multiple tests.

As for a previous poster, I did not see anything in the HISTORICAL tab that had the word "Evolution" in there so I am not quite sure which setting he is referring to.

I do have Auto Import Historical Rookies checked and Import rookies as Free Agents checked as well.

I did a few tests in MLB (not AAA) league mode and the team names stayed the same, so maybe I am safe there, but wondering where the 1982 rookies are , as it had progressed to the 1982 pre season and I looked at the complete player list and no 1982 rookies could be found.
If you change the city or nick names you may need to make the change in the "teams" file in the stats folder. Nicknames shouldn't be that hard. I changed the New York Yankees from New York Knights from 1981 to 1982 with no problem.
Cities might be more work. I think the city name, franchise and team ids may have to match..
For example if you change the city name for Los Angeles to Brooklyn in 1958 but it is still Los Angeles in the teams file for 1959 then the game will probably change it back to Los Angeles in 1959.

Also changing the team and franchise ids might cause the rookies to go to the free agent pool or not import. I'm not sure what the game looks for when importing the rookies but it may be that when you made the changes it is looking for the teams the rookies were suppose to go to that year and cant find the teams since they were changed.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote