View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 11:55 AM   #11
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
Well, with the Offense, Defense, PP/PK tactics those numbers increase with how familiar your team becomes with the tactics you are using I imagine, the higher the number you start with equates to how well it suits your team.. As far as difference between Playmaker and Setup roles, each are explained in the screen you select your tactical roles.
Yes, that's my point. You imagine it. Shouldn't we know? Maybe not, I guess.

As far as player roles descriptions, they're awfully vague. Maybe it's intentional.

For example, I have Mike Bossy on my RW. He's 5/5 for Sniper, Perimeter Shooter, and Speedy Forward. What's the difference between perimeter shooter and sniper? Both descriptions say they affect their playmaking ("...but won't be passing much" and "...but his playmaking will suffer"). Does it affect playmaking the same way? No? If he's 5/5 there, it doesn't matter?

Perimeter shooter says he will shoot from farther out and won't drive the net. Does it mean he needs for shooting range? Seems like neither role needs 'screening', but can we know? Do we know? Shouldn't we know? Is the difference between perimeter shooter and sniper meaningless? Perimeter shooter goes better with a playmaker? A setup man? A guy from behind the net? A screener? Well, I don't know!

Again, maybe that's intentional, but if it is, I think it's a terrible design.
Righty Groove is offline   Reply With Quote