View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 09:18 PM   #7
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
The manual does go over the tactical roles, explaining that you want as high of number set as possible and that green are primary roles. red are secondary. It also explains the counter roles, so you must have misunderstood it or missed that part entirely.
I know they do. It doesn't explain what I asked, specifically, in my post, does it?

It doesn't mention the number beside the tactic, like Tasarov System [56], not even *once*, as far as I can tell. It doesn't explain what makes for a good playmaker, what's the difference between playmaker and setup man, etc etc. The coloring is off for countering roles, such that I thought it was the opposite of what it actually is, *before* reading it in the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
That being said, it definitely could use a bit more clarity in some aspects for those not full of hockey knowledge, even though all are explained in the game.
That's my entire point. It's *not* explained in the game. It should be obvious, intuitive. Even if it *were* very well explained in the manual, it's such a key component of the game, arguably it's the entire point of the gaming experience, that reading a manual shouldn't be necessary at all. It's a big flaw.

But I'm glad you advised me to read the manual and told me it's not too bad if you know what you're doing. All is solved now.
Righty Groove is offline   Reply With Quote