View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 07:46 AM   #8
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
What do you mean by a stock pile? Are the relievers "true" relievers? Or are they just starters? And are some of the "true" relievers pitching in the majors?

Because the game just values starters over relievers, many times some of the good relievers will be left in the minors in favor of some 1 star starter to pitch in the bullpen.
Stock pile was a poor choice of words. What I am trying to say is there seem to be a lot of MR's in the game (whether they are or not). I chose 4 teams and mine and looked at each teams minor league rosters out of 186 minor leaguers on those teams 94 have their position listed MR.

As for starters in the bullpen, if I have young guy I project as a starter I may put him in the bullpen for a season or two as a middle/long relief to build his stamina. I just did that with Jimmy Key. Developing in the minors is hit or miss and depending on your roster. In many cases if you cant get a prospect on the ML roster quickly you either need to trade him or watch his skills evaporate. I had that happen with Kenny Hill because as you said I dont want a bullpen full of starters. I already had Key in the bullpen, Hill sat in the minors for two years and his potential evaporated.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote