View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 07:34 PM   #37
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhoff2 View Post
Is the limitation of editing the default world xml file after your world is created still there on OOTP17? I am interested in creating a world where the countries develop baseball while the league continues over the seasons. Do I need to have all the modifications done before I start the first season?
Are you trying to adjust a already created and up and running world or are you starting from scratch and you want to create a new "world"?

If everything is new, I'd highly suggest trying to get everything setup the way you want it, and save it as a world template, BEFORE you play out or advance from the first day. If you don't, you can't "turn back the clock" and restart it.

After you think you have things set up correctly, save things as a world template BEFORE you test out your new league. I would suggest doing a auto sim of at least 10+ years to see if everything is working the way you want it.

If you get to a point where everything is looking good in your test auto sim, just use the last world template you saved to create and restart your world.

If you put in the proper time of setting things up and testing, before you start manually playing things out, it will save you from "wasting" a ton of time and effort setting things up the way you want it, only to find out things are not playing out the way you had planed.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote