View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 10:22 AM   #22
julius
Minors (Single A)

I just want to respond to Sebastian's suggestion that I simply have a different "vision" of the game. In fact, I typically play the game at a slow, detailed and immersive pace, which seems to be the objective behind the Path to Glory mode, but equally achievable in Sandbox mode. I also enjoy the freedom to edit and occasionally fast-sim portions of a season. That is my "vision". Is this so unusual?

This is a multi-season text based sports simulation after all. OOTP 17 and the FM series have a very robust editing and fast-simming capability, plus vastly superior game day graphics (FHM has none). Your closest competitor, Eastside Hockey manager (EHM), also has these features. Editing is cumbersome in EHM, but possible and attempts are underway to improve it. There are areas in which FHM can compete with these games, for example, the tactics system looks promising, but Path to Glory mode is a serious step backwards for many of us, if that represents your future focus.

I think the vague references to "having a different vision" aren't helpful, and skate over the questions you really should be answering.
julius is offline   Reply With Quote