View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 11:49 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

unless you have a touch screen or a specific reason, go back to win7, lol.

i have no problem learnign to click in new places or this or that type of stuff. however, i don't like all the privacy issues of win 10 and the things it assumes it may do by default - like share your internet connection to upload updates to other users.. utter nonsense that you have to turn that off, especially as isp's start to enforce bandwidth caps.

it's a really bad sign of other possible nonsense. they are willing to assume they can push you to do what they want with their product and take advantage of those who don't even know it's happening. i've had to set up quite a few friends' computers, and they had no idea MS was stealing their bandwidth.

i don't know if it changed, but the settings are all over the place too... it hasn't fully moved them all to "my settings." so, you have to look in 2 different places (ignoring subcategories) to make sure it's not doing somethign you don't like.

it wants you constantly connected to their store and logged in with a ms account too, sure you can avoid it, but some of the functionality is tied in even though it doesn't require the store.

my win 7 loads up within 10-12 seconds after post (after it says "loading operating system"). win 10 is slower than molasses loading up. yeah, i know about he "fast boot" option, lol. a joke.

i think win 10 is better for smartphones and pads than laptops and desktops.

win vista,7,8 are all essentially the same under the hood. i think win 10 is part of that group, but i can't remember, so it should last nearly as long as far as running software. it's supposedly a smaller footprint and such, but it's terribly slow at what it does.

Last edited by NoOne; 12-01-2015 at 11:51 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote