View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 10:29 AM   #34
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

After fooling around a bit with the world_default.xml file, I have a few comments on Dreifort's excellent tutorial:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreifort View Post
So I am going to add a new language/ethnicity to both the .txt file and .xml file. Since I plan on my nation being near USA, Canada and Greenland (and start in 1901), I want a mix of 10/1000 African faces, 10/1000 Asian faces, 0/1000 East-Indian faces, 970/1000 Caucasian faces, and 10/1000 Hispanic. I add the following to the .txt file:

PHP Code:
40,Legendary,10,10,0,970,10
Notice the #s add up to 1000: 10,10,0,970,10... if you create a new ethnicity - be sure your combination of the 5 major face gens total 1000.

then add the following making it the last of the listed langauges in the .xml file using the next available Laguage ID # which is "40":

PHP Code:
    <LANGUAGE id="40" name="Legendary" /> 
Don't add a language ID number higher than 39. The game is hardcoded for the current set of 40 language IDs - 0 through 39. The limit applies to both the world_default.xml file and the ethnicities.txt file. That's a limitation we've all long lamented, but, as of version 16, it's still there.

Quote:
Nation:
ID - Game default # value for nations ends at 252 (if you add a new nation to an untouched world_default.xml, start with 253). Never duplicate Nation ID values.
The nation, state, and city ID numbers don't have to be consecutive, they just have to be unique. So you don't have to start a new sequence where the old one left off.

Quote:
* All LID line PCT values must not total more than 100 for the country. Example, you could have 3 different LID PCT values of 70, 20, and 10... totaling 100%.
I believe this is incorrect. The LID values are relative to each other, they're not percentages. Still, to be on the safe side, it's not a bad idea to have these numbers add up to 100. On the other hand, the values on each line of the ethnicities.txt file must add up to 1000.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote