View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 01:50 AM   #51
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
It's hard for me not to take things slightly personally when I read that the PR/marketing has been lacking for this game - but I know it's true to a degree and it's just the nature of the release for this game. I can assure you all I'm a pretty competent guy and for future releases, when we have the solid base of FHM 2 under us (and will thus have more defined release schedules going forward), the PR/marketing will continue to improve. I'm happy to read some people think the communication is starting to improve. I endeavour to keep that going for all of you.
Yesterday was going to be my last post but I couldn't sleep (mixture of pain and dreading the hospital) and I logged in. Cole my posts were never meant as a personal dig at you but working in IT myself I know it is hard not to take some criticism personally. I apologise if any of my posts have caused any offence.

My hope by posting what I did was that maybe it would push up a level the promotion of the game. I was a huge fan of EHM when it came out in its freeware days and then when it was released by SI games. The issues with communication and FHM are historical dating back to the first version and a lot of my frustration certainly comes from that time. What I see in FHM is a game that has the potential to eclipse whatever may become of EHM in the future. I think that FHM will be the frontrunner of Hockey simulations in time. Guys like Sebastian and the rest of the Dev team will make that happen and I wish them all the luck in the world.

It has been good to see your posts recently and I never thought that there was any issue with you being incompetent. I think you will be an asset to OOTP as you are clearly trying to change things as much as you can and information allows.

A lot of crap has, i think unfairly, come my way recently through my own work as the last project my team were working on has been delayed and despite officially being off sick I have been trying to work on it at home. I bet they are wishing they had hired or chosen someone to shadow me now. I think if the communication with the forum continues to improve it will save the whole OOTP team from a lot of future flack.

So Cole good luck and all the best with FHM2.

Last edited by Penfold75; 06-26-2015 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Grammatical mayhem :-)
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote