View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

If you're not going to have expansion and relocation, you might run into some issues.

I don't think a player who debuted for an expansion or relocated team will be assigned to that organization if it doesn't exist or hasn't relocated.

In the case of the St. Louis Browns, OOTP will use a historical franchise ID to track it as the same franchise as the current Baltimore club. But a separate historical team ID is also used to identify its current iteration, so this will be updated when the team moves. I believe that the database uses the historical team ID. So a player will end up being imported as a free agent if he was supposed to be with the Orioles but the Browns are still in St. Louis. That's because there will be no franchise with the Orioles' historical team ID in your game.

However, I'd create a test league and see what happens first. I've done leagues like this but don't remember how it worked.

As far as George Brett is concerned, he will definitely be imported as a free agent. But keep in mind that the AI is not very good at being competitive in bidding for rookie free agents. Human-controlled teams can easily outbid the AI and scoop up rookies with bright futures like Brett.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 06-11-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote