Thread: FHM 6 Idea's
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 09:59 AM   #1
Weiss
Bat Boy

FHM 6 Idea's

Just a thought....maybe we should start a sticky thread showcasing what we may like to see in the next FHM and create discussion points from that? but anyway..

*Warning wall o' text*

I used to play a big time football manager player and loved how they improved upon their off field management system every year and I think it is something that would make FHM better.

One of my favourite elements of FM before I stopped playing was the morale and press conference implementation.

Before, during and after every game you had the opportunity to work the press, tell them a little about tactics, trade rumours, a player you were expecting to make an impact or talk about injuries etc. And it would have an impact on the morale and confidence of your team, individual players, the owner and the fan base but the best part is that it made you feel like you were living the life of a real manager and you had consequences to what you said (I remember getting fired because I slammed the team who weren't playing well, then we lost and I got sacked).

I think something like this would add an extra dimension to FHM that would allow you to be more integrated into the game - I don't sim seasons I play them out every game, tweaking lines, minutes, players etc, and like to try live the life, which is the purpose of the game isn't it?

I can see part of this evolve since playing FHM 3 with the odd morale or stat boost/decline when there is a charity event etc where a player every so often does something as well as how the player is feeling in terms of ice time etc, which are really nice implementations.

Take this for instance, if I was chasing a player for awhile, and spent a few weeks trying to figure out a trade with the team he was on that worked, and I was in a pregame press conference and was asked 'there are rumours that you have been pursuing a certain player, or that your looking for a winger to compliment your line', would give us options to confirm/deny or poke the bear.

In turn this could have a few potential effects:
  • A positive effect on the player you are trying to sign if you are a successful team.
  • A positive effect on some players on your team that may get a boost for excitement of a new player to help the team round out.
  • A negative effect on the team that owns the player cause you are stirring the pot and trying to go under them.
  • Anegative effect on individuals on your team that may be playing that spot and may feel that you have lost faith in them and that you are replacing them.

and lots of other consequences etc. But this happens every press conference in the NHL and is something greatly missed, at least for me.

Another feature they also have is that you could hold team chats about once a week, as well as individual player chats often. This could allow you to pump the team up down the stretch, or give them the hairdryer treatment to try motivate them to get out of the dirt and start scoring and winning. There was also an option at handing over part way to your captain to try big them up as well, with individual conversations geared towards you wanting more from the player, telling them what you expect from them (which in turn can influence their stats as they work in different areas of there game), this could have a positive impact or a negative, if they feel like your singling them out etc.

I listen to a lot of podcasts, listen and watch a lot of games, and there is always these types of chats about coaches talking to their players individually, or as the team that clearly has an impact and results. And as I play FHM 5 (right now having a 5 game loosing streak after an 11 game winning one) it would be an extra dimension to spice the game up and add to realism.

I know it would be an intense amount of work to implement but would be something smart to be able to play with, as towards the end of the year I get burnt out playing that years FHM because sometimes it just feels like I do the same thing over and over, I would see a format that was something like:

Day of game there is the press conference about the players and the game, with maybe a few chats about the team and the opponent.

At the end of every period you have the opportunity to have a team talk to inspire the team (can have negative consequences) or ask your captain or assistant caps to try inspire the team.

At the end of the game you have another press meet talking about the game, highlighting players talking about opponents etc.

Then during the week you have the options to talk to the team, and talk to individual players to try get them going or to reassure them they are on the right path.

In game chats can have temp boosts to stats or decline, depending on how it went, which influence the game and in the long run influence player/coach relations.

I am a huge FHM fan and would love to see the game continue to get better and better and become more real.
Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote