View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 11:08 PM   #1
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Mock Hoofdklasse Honkbal (NED) Schedule

Wanting to try out a few (fictional) European leagues, I figured I would just use "regular" schedules than bother with getting schedules more similar to Europe. Mostly because I'm impatient and want to get right into a league after I create it. Instead I decided since the leagues aren't usually too big and don't have a whole lot of games, I'd go ahead and create schedules similar to the real ones.

The first one I've done is a schedule for a Dutch league, based off the real format. It's for 8 teams in one league and one sub division, although it can be changed easily to work with 2 divsions or 2 sub leagues if you want. In fact, I'll probably end up doing 2 divisions for my own Dutch league so I can have 4 of the 8 teams in the playoffs.

The schedule is for 42 games, with 6 versus each opponent, 3 home and 3 road. Games are played mostly on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays, with a few Tuesday games thrown in to stagger it a bit. (You can switch a few Tuesday games to Monday or Thursday to Friday if you want a bit more.) Weekday games are all played at 19:45, Saturday games at 14:00 or 19:30 and Sunday games at 14:00.

Teams play each other in 3 games series, but they rotate home and road each game, so they'll play at one park on Tues/Thurs, then the other park on Saturday and back to first park on Sunday.

The schedule runs from about the second week of April until the second week of August. There's a month long break from the end of June until late July, with the last three weeks of games taking place after the break.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl hoofdklasse_honkbal_int_c_2006.lsdl (8.6 KB, 386 views)

Last edited by Carplos; 06-25-2006 at 11:37 PM.
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote