View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 06:47 PM   #36
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Taking the rings may not do much, but it does something. Everyone, including myself (everyone knows how much I despise him), think of Pete Rose as having had a HOF type career. But do you think it still doesn't eat at Pete Rose knowing he can't get into Cooperstown? Look at Jimmy Johnson's reaction yesterday to hearing the news he was going to Canton and answer that question. Memory is nice. Acknowledgement is nicer. It still eats at the Fab 5 to have their history "erased".

This is especially so since the MLB says the players initiated it and continued it despite Hinch voicing his benign disapproval. Not punishing the players sends the wrong message. Who wouldn't risk breaking the law if they weren't going to feel the discipline? I see no discouragement here to cheating again. Just a "warning" to be more careful next time.
I'm not saying at all that the players shouldn't be punished. I was trying to make the point that I think baseball did pretty much all it could in the current climate. (Didn't they put the banners back up at Michigan?) I do see your point though.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote