View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 06:02 PM   #31
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

First I'm a bit surprised anything happened. In another thread I said as much maybe a week or so back. As for the penalties I don't really know what else they could have done? This was an organizational issue. Yes players were clearly involved, but when people are put in leadership positions and fail to lead, they have to be among the first to go.

Careers are potentially ruined. Who would hire Luhnow now? Hinch is probably done as a manager now. Cora is probably packing his bags as I type. Then the Astros lose their first and second round picks for 2 straight years. I don't know why people do not think that is a bigger deal than it is? Do people just trade these picks away in their online leagues? I would bet not, so it is probably a lot more detrimental in real life to a real organization. As for people wanting them to take away the rings that gets really hard to do. How do stats change? Do people really stop thinking said team won? They do this in college basketball and nobody cares. They still considered whoever won that year the champion whether the banner are in the rafters or not.

What I imagine happens now is that individual player penalties will be negotiated into the next CBA. If they went after a player now the union will fight that tooth and nail. Look how long it took to penalize all the roid heads. I know 80's baseball is sacred to many (myself included) but that is probably the decade where that really began and it wasn't really punished till much later.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812

Last edited by Hrycaj; 01-13-2020 at 06:05 PM.
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote