View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 09:48 AM   #3
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmoss2 View Post
A couple of questions about this, I guess

1) Is there anything in the player's statistics, ratings, etc that contributes towards high-leverage situations? I'm guessing Avoid K's factors into it somehow, but was also curious if there was anything else, like personality etc.

2) What kind of statistics do we have available to us to determine their 'clutch'? One of the first things that springs to mind is Hit% with runners on base (especially 2nd and 3rd), but that doesn't necessarily apply to high leverage situations.

Of course, if there is no inherent measure of 'clutch' in the game, and it's just a matter of trying to get your best batters on in high leverage situations then I guess this is moot. But certainly in real life, there are players that can handle the pressure and players that can't.

IIRC, there's a stat you can pull up for each player for batting average - "high leverage" or some such phrasing. I don't think there's a page where you can look at just that for the league, however.

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote