View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 06:42 AM   #90
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Don't forget about 1930 when offense goes cuckoo bananas. A .296/.356/.434/.790 slash line for MLB with 5.55 R/G across the league? Hard pass for me thanks. JaBurns, if you want to stabilize stats output stick to one season. If you want it to be all over the place (maybe you do, I'm not sure), go for that. I don't understand why you'd want to stabilize it through the deadball era, and then release it to the whims of ever changing LTMs, but I'm sure you have your reasons. I suppose you could do it, but I have no idea what sorts of results you'll get. Maybe it'll work to your satisfaction, and that would be great. It's up to you. It's your game. Play it your way. Not saying my way of doing it is the one true way, but it is the way that I like the stats from my games to be. It adds to my enjoyment when offensive stats aren't whacked. I think it keeps things stable, but I could be totally wrong about that. T'wouldn't be the first time. T'wont be the last.
Really interesting would be to use 1894 as the perennial historical year. That was an all-time offensive output season, proportionally speaking. More than 7 runs per team per game, and home runs were at the 1930s levels per game.

It would be interesting to see what effect that would have on the modern players' stats.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote