View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #771
Tib
All Star Reserve

My friends,

You have all waited so long.

New time-consuming assignments at work resulted in less time to write. This led to delays. My delays in posting new chapters led me to even longer delays in developing this story. This led me to realize I simply did not have the time to write.

The story gave way as I committed to spending more time with my kids. Soccer, softball, hockey and gymnastics took up much of my extra time. I never forgot Dave, though.

I confess I did move on to other writing projects in the last (could it be?) 4 years. I did this in an effort to rekindle the spark that drove me to attempt this ambitious story. It was fits and starts. Fits and starts. Then, nothing.

Dave sat in his kitchen mulling the results of the Ayala Commission for almost four years. Damon didn't age. Neither did Gwen, as their world entered into a state of suspended animation. They waited, frozen, as I worked and wrote about other things -- important things, job related things, real things about real people in crisis.

And when my assignment ended last year and I sat down to finish Chapter 54 I found that although Dave and the people in his world were as I left them -- I was not. I had changed in the last four years. Serious things had happened, important things, and I was not the same.

I don't know if this means the tone of the story will change now. I don't know how the last four years will affect the telling of Dave's story, but I'm going to tell it. Now, only now, can I finally relax and put away the pressures and stress of the last four years. As I sat at my keyboard and re-read the story I found I was anxious to know what happens to Dave.

I am excited again to thaw out this world I froze four years ago and see what might be seen. I discovered that I need to know what happens. I need to see what's around the corner. I need to finish this long labor.

So I am opening the gates again, and you are all invited. Thanks to you all who waited, frozen like Dave, wondering where I was and what the hell was I doing that was so important. Thank you to the people at OOTP Developments who kept this story on the forums through so many changes of their own.

I feel renewed and ready and nervous -- I honestly do not know what will happen; I haven't simmed that far ahead.

Let's find out together.

Last edited by Tib; 03-06-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote