View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #6
mhjohann
Minors (Rookie Ball)

ReImport Names and Ethnicities maybe not working?

I was playing with the Ethnicities file over the weekend trying to tweak my early 20th century fictional league. But I could not get the changes I was making to the file to be reflected when I filled the league with fictional players. I would exit and restrt. I would run the ReImport Name and Ethnicities function. Nothing changed.

Then I started a new league and found the changes I had made to the file showed up in the new league.

So what it appears is that the Ethnicities file is loaded into the World environment of the League when the League is created. You can adjust the
various "Languages" in the interface Explore World/Edit Nation. However it looks like you cannot adjust the Ethnicities file for a created League as ReImport does not appear to work. So you cannot implement gradual changes to your League over time through the Ethnicities file.

If someone else is playing with this could you confirm?

Maybe a workaround is to create a number of US (Historical) "nations" with different distributions and then select them from the Edit Nations page. But you would still need to do this before creating your League.

Of course I may be missing something obvious in my testing.

Michael
mhjohann is offline   Reply With Quote