Thread: United Kingdom
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #9
block15blaze
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
This happens because non-NHL contracts are random in both salary and length

This will be fixed as we continue the research job. You're welcome to offer your services, if you're interested.
To make the EIHL and indeed other Euro leagues a playable option contracts should generally be set to 1 or 2 years maximum.

As a regular player of EHM a few years ago, one of the biggest enjoyments was building a side each off-season as in real life.

I would be happy to help with the research. I have been watching UK hockey for around 13 years now so I would feel confident enough to help out in anyway I can. Feel free to contact me directly craig_s96@hotmail.com

I will report the bugs in the appropriate places thanks archibalduk

In response to the final point about salaries.

As Garethw87 pointed out EHM did a decent enough job of this, I think the 'top' players at that time were on about 40k per year and downwards as seen appropriate but it's been a long time since I played.

To be honest I don't think it would be too difficult to find someone who knows the innter workings within the EIHL to get some kind of estimate level between a top earner and a low level Brit for example and make estimates inbetween.

As for adding 'extras' into a contract, I don't feel it a priority but is something that could be looked into such as bonus for being selected in the all star team or top scorer etc, this could also include a bonus of a car/education etc.