View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 05:41 PM   #88
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
Yeah i don't particularly like having to manage my scouts instead of managing the team as it is usually a time consuming, tedious exercise when done in video games. For example, in the EA NHL series this year they added something similar to their franchise mode where you have to manually assign your scouts to uncover a portion of the league at a time. It sounds like a good concept until you actually have to do it, where you have to go through their clogged, slow and buggy menus so many times throughout a season to the point where I just turned the feature off altogether. You can put it on auto, but then the AI does such a terrible job doing it so you're stuck either way. I'm all for realism, I want the game to be as realistic as possible but something like this I just don't think works well in a video game, where you spend more time micromanaging than actually managing. Especially when I'm really tracking my players performances day after day, it takes me awhile to get through a season in the first place, that this would just add a longer time requirement.
I agree. I always think back to the old NCAA Football game from EA Sports. It was great for a few years where the gameplay and recruiting were both really solid. But then they expanded the recruiting to make it more in-depth and it turned into hours of work to do your weekly recruiting just to get to the games on each weekend. It was painstaking to go through. It didn't help the franchise that the gameplay took a turn for the worse at the same time, too.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote