View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 02:20 AM   #100
StanfordBerkely
Minors (Single A)

1) Did you like the OOTP17 color scheme and use of team colors. If not, what could be improved?
This is something I found myself messing around with quite a bit. I noticed that all MLB team colors in the game are grabbed from the raw logo files used for each team in the game. In some cases, they're identical to the colors used on team websites. I browsed some team websites out of curiosity to see what they use, and funny enough, some team websites use identical colors to the ones in OOTP. I tested this out looking at the Indians and Cubs websites respectively and using inspect element. Most of them are fine, but some of the combinations are awkward. For example, the red color used for the Cardinals in the game (hex #C41E3A) clashes with the blue color (#000066). The blue is way too, well, blue. I always de-saturate colors for teams so they dont look as bright up against everything else. Also, why did the Reds have navy blue as their secondary color?

Additionally, some team logo files look pretty bad in my opinion. Again, the St. Louis Cardinals are probably the worst offender. The white outline on their primary is quite distorted. Teams that use roundels also have lower quality details. Also, why did the Nationals and A's have plain white primary logos? And, are we anti- Chief Wahoo here? I've never asked, but I assume the community is split? Either way, he's not in the game, but for the sake of historical accuracy, he should be.

2) How about the interface layout, is the upper area (info & navigation) easy to use and understand?
Easy to navigate. I got into a routine where I only used a few drop downs from each tab.

3) What interface quirks would you like to see fixed / improved?
I haven't really noticed anything odd about the interface

4) Any feature ideas that relate to the interface which you'd like to see implemented (i.e. more hotkey support)?
I would love the ability to use my arrow keys and 'ENTER' key to navigate through each page.

5) Which skin did you use in OOTP 17? Would you like to see an alteration to our usual default / dark / classic skin themes?
By default, I use the light theme. I want to use the dark theme, but the colors just dont work on it. The blue font color up against the gray background isn't exactly eye candy. And the logos get washed out as well. Are colors able to edited within the games files somewhere? I browsed through and I thought I saw a readable file that had colors listed, but I wasn't able to save any edits. If the ability to edit all of the theme colors the same way that team colors are edited in game, I would love that so much.
StanfordBerkely is offline   Reply With Quote