View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #39
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morris View Post
Have you tried FM Classic? It is basically a stripped down version of the game.
My understanding, from reading the SI boards, is that you have to buy the full, regular, grossly bloated version in order to get "classic," and that you then have to "unlock" certain features of "classic" like the can't-get-fired option--a feature I was begging for [and getting flamed for requesting] 10 years ago.

That's just silly. I don't know what I would need to do to "unlock" the "classic" version, but the whole idea is just dumb.

If someone would make a soccer management sim as sophisticated as, say, OOTP5 or the freeware Eastside Hockey Manager, I would buy it instantly, for the same price other people are paying for overdone, impossible-to-play-in-a-human-lifetime monsters like FM.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs

Last edited by Antonin; 10-21-2013 at 10:22 PM.