View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #82
Hendu Style
All Star Starter

Buck's shutout streak, and a letter from Maxx

Like father, like son? The son of a pitching coach, Buck Kinsella was mesmerizing Pioneer League opponents with his deceiving changeup to the tune of an impressive shutout streak that had reached 38 innings after a complete game 1-hit shutout of the Granite Falls Timberjacks. The streak would reach 39.2 innings before Buck got shelled for 5 runs on 7 hits in a 9-3 loss to Westwood.

Meanwhile, things we pretty far from an impressive for Buck's father. His team was struggling in rookie league play, and the pitching was not coming around.

Dear Buck,

It sounds like you're doing great in Appaloosa. I couldn't be more proud of you and what you've accomplished so far in your career. You always knew the odds would be against you. My genes didn't bless you with a rocket arm or a 6'5 frame, but you're making the best of your abilities with an iron will and a head for the game. Keep it up.

That Kinsella iron will is being tested right now here in the Lintz League. I thought I had found a quick fix for our pitching staff when we won 4 straight - including 2 shutouts - as soon as I arrived. We lost two straight despite giving up just 4 runs, and then things have gotten out of hand over the last couple of games, losing 2 more road games by a combined score of 20-9. To make matters worse, our staff ace is out for the season with a torn rotator cuff. I was looking forward to working with Mike Savage, but I got to see a grand total of one inning before he blew out his arm. Tough break.

Everything is a lesson, and I believe Savage's injury is a lesson for you and me both. Cherish every moment you have on the mound, and pitch every inning as if it's your last. You've worked very hard to get to the SBL, and you'll have to work just as hard to stay there. I hope to see you soon. Keep up the good work.

Love,
Dad
Attached Images

Previous OOTP Dynasties:
SimNation Fictional Universe (est. 1889)
This is Oakland A's Baseball
Beane Counting: The Oakland A's
Hendu Style is offline   Reply With Quote