View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #81
Hendu Style
All Star Starter

First letter from Maxx Kinsella, pitching coach for Ramblewood

This letter found its way to Buck Kinsella during the All-Star break in Bayouville. Grampa Buck had just been named to the All-Star game in his first full season as a big leaguer. His father (my great grandfather), Maxx, was just joining the Ramblewood Black Pirates, Irontown's rookie league in the Jim Lintz League. His arrival was delayed because of health concerns for his father, the former Commissioner Ted Kinsella. I know... lots of names to keep straight. What can I say? We're a baseball family.

July 11, 1950

Hi Son,

I'm glad to hear you are doing so great. Your Mom and I always look forward to reading your letters. I have just arrived in Ramblewood. Your Gramps has taken a turn for the worse and I stayed back in Irontown to get him settled into our house. He's one stubborn son of a gun and refused to move in. But he just hasn't been the same lately... we're hoping he'll be back to his old self now that he has his family to watch over him all the time.

Enough about that. The Black Pirates were kind enough to let me join the team midseason, and I start tomorrow. I met the other fellas on the coaching staff yesterday when I got into town. From what I can tell, the pitching has been a mess. Our starters have a 5.37 ERA, second to last in the Jim Lintz League, which would explain our 8-13 start. Our most promising pitcher is a 19 year old by the name of Mike Savage. He was the Black Sox first round pick last year. If I can get him to buy in, the entire staff is sure to follow. Lucky for me, I have an All-Star protege pitching in the big leagues right now.

Speaking of which, I listened to the All-Star game today... I'm sorry you didn't get to pitch. You'll get your shot. I just know it. It's a young man's game, and if you stick to what I told you, you're going to make one fine Sim Leaguer. Us old guys, we have to leave the game in your hands. Just look at Sam Crowley. One day he's hitting 3 homeruns in a game, the next he's going 0-for in the All-Star game. This game passes us by real quick. We have to make our mark while we can.

This is your time, Son. Do great things in Appaloosa, and I'll talk to you soon.

Love,
Dad
Attached Images
Image Image 

Previous OOTP Dynasties:
SimNation Fictional Universe (est. 1889)
This is Oakland A's Baseball
Beane Counting: The Oakland A's
Hendu Style is offline   Reply With Quote