View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 12:54 AM   #989
Palaaemon
Minors (Triple A)

Questions and Advise

Bird,

Questions for you here and a suggestion. Questions first. 1. Who appears to be shaping up to be your true competitors this season? Is Oklahoma City and Charlotte legit or just pretenders? 2. What is happening with Los Angeles and Brooklyn? Injuries? Slow starts? Combination and more?

Suggestion - I have been watching this situation about Jorge Gonzalez since you started becoming concerned around spring training I believe. I have been leaning towards advising you to move him, but after seeing the post with his personality index and the bench coach email, I have made up my mind to tell you to trade him as soon as you can find a deal to get him out of the organization. Preferably you want as good a deal as you can get (pair him with another player to move). In a case like this with him, keeping him in the majors will do no good because he won't play (and I saw you sent him down) and sending him down will play havoc (especially if the team is not doing well or cannot handle him) so move him for what you can get is my advice. Maybe see if you can get another outfielder that can help in left field for the rest of the season. Then this next off season perhaps you can find a FA outfielder to take over LF or some combination.

Anyway that's all I have for tonight. Have a great one!

Palaaemon