View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 10:03 PM   #983
Palaaemon
Minors (Triple A)

Thoughts

Bird,

Just some thoughts -

Grouping the starting pitching staff together - You are absolutely right. All but Matt Helm (neutral)are either groundball or extreme groundball pitchers and solidifying 3/4 of the infield (particularly the middle) has helped them a lot, albeit in a small sample size, it should translate to the rest of the season.

Joe McPhillips - Is just having a slow start. He will come around soon.

Bobby Erbakan - I am very surprised at how fast his transition to 2nd base has come. A 9 already?! Definitely going to help the ball club.

Zacharias Martell - I am continually amazed by how he and Kirk Patnode both exceed expectations.

Rich White - He is a bit of a parasite. What I mean by that is when he is on a bad team with little to no leadership like he was with El Paso last year before the trade his negative traits and his mouth got him in trouble and he performed terribly. He fed on the negativity of the situation there. When he was traded to Denver last season, he had an immediate turn around. Joining a winning team culture with plenty of leadership and team captain Matt Helm you could see him change 180° in attitude (his great ability to adapt to new situations certainly helped), no longer said negative things in the media and locker room. He pulled right up to the dinner table and fed on all the positivity the rest of the season. It was night and day. Couple his defensive contributions with all that and he is a fine role player that as long as he is kept on a leash and fed he can be counted on for years to come.

Josh Shaeffer - He is a little similar to Rich White but for a different reason. He has a motivation problem, his lack of work ethic. Being on this team has been the best thing for him. The leadership and other players give him what he needs to excel and most times he does to the benefit of the Brewers.

The Bullpen - Night and day compare to last year. If they can stay consistent this year that could be the difference between winning the MGL and narrowly missing out like last year. Things are looking up, at least in this small sample size.

L.A. Spinners - It's nice to see the Brewers arch enemies burying themselves early. Hopefully they can keep it up .

Have a Great night bro!

Palaaemon